Sunday 19 August 2012

Are You An Enterpreneur?



A few days ago, I spent a couple of minutes deliberating on a popular saying in one of my late night solo brainstorming sessions. By the way, I find myself mostly late at night or early in the morning while lying on my bed contemplating, or should I say arguing with myself, different topics and or ideas. I jokingly refer to such sessions as my 'solo brainstorming sessions'.

The topic on that night was this popular inspirational saying that 'Being an enterpreneur is living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't '. If you take a moment to consider this saying, it could go a long way in helping you to know if you would succeed as an enterpreneur or may be you should just continue with your 8 to 5 routine or job search as the case may be.

Now, what are the inconviniences that constitute 'living the way others cant' against which you should measure  your 'Enterpreurship Quotient'? these are my thoughts.

Do you sparkle with creations? This is my way of saying are you excited, no, super excited about the creation of a brand new thing that did not previously exist and now will be because of you? I am referring to the kind of excitement that a prospective father would have at the conception of his baby knowing fully well that if it were not for him, the expected baby would not be.

Needless to say that this kind of excitement tends to make one restless and probably uncoordinated for a while and other people may find this strange. This is not to be confused for some old fashioned, professor-like craze but  a truly destabilizing excitement at the prospect of a new creation and the product potentials of such new creation.

If you do not already know what I am referring to, I think we can safely conclude that you do not sparkle with creations. In my opinion, if you do not sparkle with creations, then you probably are living like every other regular employee and may not be an enterpreneur material. Of course I may be wrong and there is nothing wrong with that because enterpreneurs still need great employees to achieve their objectives.

If you sparkle at creations however, do not miss the continuation of the topic 'Are you an enterpreneur?' in my next blog post. In the meantime, go create something!

No comments:

Post a Comment